Reply by Videostripe

Dear customer,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. We block USD 1 during the registration in order to check the validity of your card. This amount is refunded automatically within a few days. Sometimes the refund seems like it was another charge but in fact it a refund. Please, make sure that you’ve received 3 charges for 1$ or some of them were refunds. After 7 days of free trial period the account switches to the Premium with monthly fee for the membership (49,99USD). If you have some unauthorized charges from videostripe.com, do not hesitate to contact us. Our customer service always tries to solve this kind of problems.
Author's
1K views

Never subscribed to service was charged 3x, 3 separate days, $1 each time. A couple days later I was then charged 49.99. There was another attempt a day or so later at 49.99. Fortunately my credit card company contacted me and we were able to deny the fraudulent charges.

My suspicion is credit card fraud either by Video Stripe or another company testing credit card through an internet company such as Video Stripe. I've never heard of the company before now and don't know how my credit card was hacked. I am a chase cc owner and was recently issued a new card due to Home Depot hacking. This will be my second newly issued card in a month. I am beginning to think that we will have to find another way to pay for products and services.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 30, 2014.