Coverage Area
Style and Design

Through another web service I was using, I learned of Videostripe's free trial offer. Seeing the advertisement included some great movie titles and the promise of high-quality streaming, I wanted to give it a try.

I was familiar with other services like this and thought, "what's the worst that could happen?" As I joined the website, I was prompted to give my credit card number immediately. There was no mention of how long the trial would last that I could see, but I assumed that as it was free, I would not be charged. My account was created, and I began to search for the movie I intended to watch, but could not find it. I tried another, could not find it either.

These were both advertised for on the original link I followed to reach the website. Deciding to settle, I tried watching any movie I found. Despite my high internet speed, the movie took a while to buffer and then proceeded in very low quality. I wanted to get my boyfriend's opinion, so I waited for him to return from his business trip, and we searched together for a film to watch.

Upon finding one that sounded interesting, we began to watch, but again, the buffer speed was unbearable, and the quality was harsh to watch. What was worse, if we paused too long, the film would restart and we couldn't return to our position without a lot of hassle. We didn't watch the whole thing. The next day, we decided to cancel.

That same day, I was charged $50 from my credit card! I did not find information anywhere of why I was charged AFTER my cancellation, for an amount that was not disclosed to me before that! When I contacted the customer support, that was when they told me that the trial was only 7 days, and I had cancelled a few days after that! Why did I not find that information before?

Considering that I was charged 50 dollars, I thought I would have 6 months to a year of use to get out of their service, but they informed me that the $50 charge was only for 1 month! Actually, they were sure to tell me, only 24 days! Quite rude! I am still here, trying to find use of this website, but I cannot find a single film to watch that doesn't give me hassle to watch it!

Except for Sita Sings the Blues, a wonderful film that I enjoy greatly, BUT A FILM I CAN WATCH FOR FREE in the SAME QUALITY on YOUTUBE! It's absolutely unacceptable for this website to give such false promises and then not deliver at all, to not provide the correct information about their service and then charge their customers for such a high amount! This is fraudulent and on the border of a scam! I am so worried now for my credit information, I might have to cancel my bank account!

This is even worse because I'm not even home at the moment, I am travelling, so I will not be able to open a new account for a long time! I DO NOT recommend this to anyone!

Review about: Videostripe Free Trial.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: How they scammed me.

Comments

Gillritchie
Dalkeith, Midlothian, United Kingdom #1301663

I'm furious, the same thing had happened with me, turns out they've been taking my money for 3 years for an account my 10 year old set up, never used, account never verified receive nothing by way of emails, they're saying they will only refund 6 pays when they took around 36. Utter ripping off bastards!!!!!!