Reply by Videostripe

Dear Sir/Madam,
VideoStripe is an online movies-streaming service. On the payment of month subscription fee we offer to our customers a constant access to our movie data base. If there was any charge done to your credit card by our company, most probably it means that the card had been used to open an account on our website. Since, as You claim, it was not You who registered with your card on our website, the only possibility for us to locate the mentioned account in our base is to search by the details of the credit card used during registration (its complete number OR its last 4 digits along with the expiry date of the card). According to our refund policy in case of unauthorized use of a credit card on our website, we reimburse the victim card holder for a full amount charged from the card’s account along the activity of a fraudulent account. We usually also recommend reporting this kind of situation to the card operators but still we encourage You to contact us back. We are keen on solving this issue in the manner that would be satisfying for You. You can reach us 24/7 under this US toll-free number 00 1-800-519-4199, trough the the Skype under following address: support.videostripe.sip or trough the live-chat service in Support section on our website: VideoStripe.com.
Author's

Saw a charge of $49.99 from videostripe.com on my credit card. Never heard of them or what they do.

Looked them up online and found that they have a long, ugly, well-documented history of charging people varying amounts of money for nothing. Reviewed past credit card statements and saw that it began in August, with videostripe charging my card $2.00 for some service that I don't use and do not want. Called videostripe customer service line and was told that, after providing them with my information, they could not locate me in the system. I pointed out to the girl the irony of the situation that they managed to charge me $51.00 in two months but now can't locate me.

She asked me to send in a banking statement so that they could process a refund.

I told her she needs her head examined if she thinks I'm sending her company more personal information. Ended the call and reported to my credit card company.

Reason of review: They somehow obtain your credit card info and then make unauthorized charges to it.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 08, 2014.